My Morning Routine

For more than a month now, I am waking up consistently at 5:00 AM or thereabouts every day. This is one of my goals for the year and  I have been following it successfully till now. Waking up early in the morning helps me to feel accomplished first thing in the morning. It gives me the courage as I have successfully completed my first goal of the day. It paves the way to gather more small successes in the day. 

After I wake, I follow a morning routine or ritual as some people say. The first 2 hours are 'My Time'. I do certain things that charge me for the day ahead and prepare me for the next week, month and the year. 

As soon as I wake up, I drink 2 glasses of water, freshen up and then spend the next 10 minutes in meditation. This helps me to feel connected to the higher power that directs all our lives. Then I spend 10 minutes writing and saying my affirmations, which is a way to provide the sub-conscious mind, the directions to my goals. The next 30 minutes I plan for my GOTD. GOTD is my own abbreviation for Goals of the day. It is my to do list which I maintain in a diary in the old fashioned way.  I check off the completed ones for the previous day and move the incomplete ones to this day. Then I spend some time reviewing my GOTY, i.e Goals of the year.  When I write down my goals and to do activities for each day in my diary I ensure that they are in line with my GOTY. I take 30 more minutes to read some inspirational or education blogs that I follow and finally, I spend 30-45 minutes running, which I have chosen as my preferred form of exercise. Running gives me time to contemplate and plan my day further in line with my GOTD. 

Thus, by 7 am, I have taken steps to recharge my spiritual, emotional and physical batteries that can propel me to face the day with aplomb.

Waking up early in the morning and following a morning routine thus gives one the required  time to sharpen your saw, i. e., your spirit, your mind and your body. This can help you achieve your long term goals, whatever it may be. 


Join the 5:00 am club. Wish you great success in this journey.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog. Your comments and suggestions are welcome!