|The Freshness of the morning!|
A morning walk is one of the best forms of exercise. It helps give a head start to your day ahead by giving you a boost of endorphin, the happiness hormone. You can do your morning walk either as a group, or you can walk alone. Wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate dress. Wear warm clothes in a winter morning and carry an umbrella in monsoon
Here are broadly 2 ways in which you can enjoy your morning walk alone:
- Walk mindfully, observing the surroundings, peacefully, without a thought:
· Look around you - see the greenery of the trees, watch the myriad hues of the morning sky with the infant sun rising across the horizon and observe birds, insects and animals.
· Hear the different sounds of the morning - the birds chirping, the wind blowing gently caressing your face, the leaves rustling or temple bells ringing in the distance.
· Feel the morning chill against your skin in winter or the warm rays of the morning sun piercing your face and soak in the peaceful atmosphere.
· Smell the fragrance of the early morning air or the beautiful flowers or the wet soil.
2. Walk with intention and being engaged doing any one or more of these:
· Identify and count the birds or trees or animals that you see.
· Listen to music / audio books
· Say your prayers or repeat your personal mantra
· Count your steps, count your blessings, say your affirmations,
· Assess your goals and plan your day.
Ponder on life